RCMP – Spruce Plains Detachment
Emergencies - Dial 911Contact Information:
Neepawa, MB R0J 1H0
Ph: (204) 476-7340
Fax: (204) 476-7349
Spruce Plains Detachment area polices the areas North and South of Provincial Highway #16, from Woodside, twelve kilometers east of Gladstone to one kilometer east of Newdale; a total of just over 3,000 square kilometers. It includes 10 Rural Municipalities, with numerous towns and villages as well as the Rolling River First Nation.
Spruce Plains is a consolidated unit comprised of three offices, with Neepawa serving as the host and community offices located in Minnedosa and Gladstone. The detachment consists of 16 Regular Members and five support staff, located as follows: one Staff Sergeant (District Commander), one Sergeant (Operations NCO), one Corporal, four Constables and two municipal clerks in Neepawa; one Corporal, five Constables, one Public Service Employee and two part-time municipal clerks in Minnedosa; and three Constables and one Public Service Employee in Gladstone. The detachment maintains a fleet of six police cars, two trucks and two snow machines.
Fire fighting services to the Town of Minnedosa, RM of Odanah and the RM of Minto are provided by a 22-person volunteer fire department. The Fire Department is on call 24 hours a day, year-round.
For Emergency Services dial 9-1-1
The siren sounds at 8:00am, 12:00 noon and 6:00pm – 365 days per year.
The siren sounds 7x at an interval if there is an accident or a fire
The siren sounds continually if there is an environmental hazard. Please do the following:
- Go inside. Turn on local radio.
- Close all windows and doors
- Turn off furnace/air conditioner/ exhaust fan.
- Seal a room using wet towels at the base of the door (s). Breathe through a damp towel to filter air.
- Continue to listen to the radio for further instructions
- Keep phone lines free (land lines).
- DO NOT evacuate or travel
- DO NOT bring home children from school, or other family members from work
- DO NOT call 911 or any other authority for information